A resume isn’t just a summary of your professional and academic achievements. It is much more than that. Having said that, we mean, your resume is no longer treated just as a piece of paper to introduce yourself. Today, it is construed as an instrument in your hand by which you can sell yourself to the prospective employers and create a favourable opinion about you. You will understand this well when you hire someone for your job. Based on its application, a resume may mean different things to different people. For instance, the product brochure or the leaflet is a resume in essence. That’s how professional resume writing has come to the forefront today.
Know these key areas of resume writing:
- Format: The look of your resume does the talking in the first place. Having said that, we mean, a structured resume catches eyes of the recruiters more compared to others. It is something like the love at first sight. In other words, a professional resume writing service provider knows how to stuff your resume with the appropriate keywords that the prospective employers look at for hiring. It is the experience and expertise of the professional resume writers who pick up the right assortment of keywords and stuff the same in the resume in a formatted way that works wonder. The fact is that if your resume fails to impress a recruiter within first two to three minutes, your resume will then be tossed into the bin for sure. That’s why the format of your resume is so important.
- Font: Font and its size are also important with a view to keeping the reader/recruiter engaged. If you use too small or too big a font, readability of the resume will go down. The thumb rule here is that avoid using italic. This will worth the effort.
- Lucid writing: Lucid writing style has an asset and the truth is that your recruiter is not a linguist. Hence, the use of jargons will play a spoilsport here. Having said that, we mean, if you use unfamiliar words or abbreviations, your recruiters will not understand those and thus, he/she will be disillusioned soon. It means chances of your rejection will be very high. On the flip side, maintaining the lucidity all throughout, you will truly be able to create a cut above the rest for yourself. It is important to mention that not everyone can write in a cohesive and simple style that stands out.
- Storytelling: Present your resume in such a way that it looks like your life’s true story in continuity. Hence, professional writing service makes all the difference here. The onus to mention that every story has a unique appeal and it is the writer who creates that resonance all throughout in your resume.
- Selling: Your resume should be a sales speech. In other words, it is a powerful instrument that has the power of making or breaking your future.
In short, professional resume writing demands a specialised skill. Hire the best resume writing company that your money can buy and unleash your power of winning.